Juicing Vegetables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StephanieAgone View Post
    You can also look a centrifugal juicers, which are cheaper, but don't juice leafy vegetables or wheat grass well.
    What's best juicer for wheat grass?

Comment

Originally posted by star View Post
      What's best juicer for wheat grass?
      The white plastic bin under the sink that gets picked up by people in a garbage truck once a week.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Removing the fibre by juicing is excellent way to take in nutrients without drama ...for those who do not want digestion drama !

I didn't find juicing anti-inflammatory, in fact I get joint ache every time I introduce fruit, whether juiced or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
          Removing the fibre by juicing is excellent way to take in nutrients without drama ...for those who do not want digestion drama !
          But isn't we need fiber in our body? and we can still juice without removing the fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            The white plastic bin under the sink that gets picked up by people in a garbage truck once a week.

Sent via lightsaber
            You don't like wheat grass? they say it detoxifies our body and boost cell reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by neilyus View Post
              Juicing fruit removes the fiber, this means you'll be able to consume far more of it in juice form than you're able to as a whole fruit.
              I think you can juice fruits and vegetables without losing its nutrients, just learn what juicer to use and how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineWifey247 View Post
                The souping of veggies is a great idea! I will try that! Thanks :-) I wasn't looking a the juicing idea for regular consumption but as a supplemental way to get in more :-) Thanks for the advice!
                You try juicing veggies! use slow juicer so you would get the nutrients intact. its nutritious works wonders in dieting people like me!

Comment

Juicing is very healthy to our body. I usually juice apple, beets, spinach, collard greens, carrots, cilantro and lime for breakfast. It makes me feel great and is a wonderful boost to the system. In the first week of juicing, I found that it made me sick. I read that it is like that because it takes a minute for the body to adjust as toxins are expelled from the body. I also lost a lot of weight with just juicing alone. Of course, vegetables and fruits are an important part of a healthy diet as they are rich in vitamins, mineral and antioxidants. Try juicing!
                  Last edited by holmes55; 02-12-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by holmes55 View Post
                    Juicing is very healthy to our body. I usually juice apple, beets, spinach, collard greens, carrots, cilantro and lime for breakfast. It makes me feel great and is a wonderful boost to the system. In the first week of juicing, I found that it made me sick. I read that it is like that because it takes a minute for the body to adjust as toxins are expelled from the body. I also lost a lot of weight with just juicing alone. Of course, vegetables and fruits are an important part of a healthy diet as they are rich in vitamins, mineral and antioxidants. Try juicing!
                    agree with you! have you tried juicing mix of fruits and veggies? or you juice separately the fruits and veggies?

Comment

It is pretty funny to have a thread about electric juicers on the PRIMAL/PALEO forum.

Isn't a juice of apple, beets, carrots full of sugar and what would happen if you simply ate those and other plants in their non-juiced state? Do you feel better or worse or is it simply not possible?

I know people who swear by juicing but they also swear by dinners that come frozen in a box and an excess of cocktails. I have done smoothies (lots of sugar) but never juicing. I do try and keep an open mind though and I do have both a blender and an immersion blender.

Comment

I don't think juicing is bad but I think a better way to get extra veggies into your daily diet is in soups (bone broth an extra plus) and in cultured veggies. Both easy to make and cheaper than juicing.
                        If you do juice, focus on greens and other veggies, maybe a Granny Smith apple for sweetness if needed at first but soon carrots will be all the sweet you need.
                        K

Comment

THX. I tried making some bone broth with large beef knuckles. I did not roast them long enough so the broth is a little darker than chicken soup but not as deep a brown as beef broth. I removed the bones, placed the pot into the frig and then skimmed the layer of white fat off the top.

The 'broth' underneath is like a beige jello. When heated it becomes a very rich (fatty) liquid that tastes more like water + fat. I think I am doing something wrong with that. Maybe I need the long bones instead. I am partial to beef, not such a big fan of chicken.

I used to make a pasta sauce with minced carrots and zucchini along with tomatoes. The carrots made the sauce very sweet. I will try that with ground beef. Chili without beans but with plenty of veggies.

Comment

I think the best is to load up a good high speed blender and make smoothies with spinach, some fresh or frozen berries(think ice cream) and some pure water. Gives all nutrients and fiber as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I have been juicing vegetables for lunch for the past 6 months. It is all I need to get me from breakfast for dinner. Romaine, kale, cilantro, parsley, cucumbers, celery, peppers, ginger, lemon, apple, carrot, chickory, spinach, dandelion, I could go on and on.

As long as you use 80-85% green vegetable vs 15-20% fruit/root vegetable, you should have no major insulin issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Juicing vegetables is a good way to get a concentrated dose of polyunsaturated fat
                                Originally posted by Bran67don View Post
                                a concentrated dose of polyunsaturated fat
                                Can anyone expand on this? I'm very interested. Any and all overly detailed explanations including molecular structure/chemical processes etc. that I most likely will not understand (but would like to) are welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X