Dear Mark: Going Primal without a gallbladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mark: Going Primal without a gallbladder

Is going nearly 100% primal an option for someone who has had their gall bladder removed? Without a gall bladder, the emulsification of fats, and their digestability, become more difficult without that 'store' of bile to help out. And because primal involves consuming a lot of fat, I was wondering if there are any tips, supplements, ect. that someone could do/take to try and adhere as closely to a primal diet as possible. Or is this an 'over-thinking' thing---will my body become more adept at/used to digesting fats regardless of a missing gall bladder, negating a need to supplement or be concerned about the issue?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Go slowly at first. Use Super Enzymes as needed. Don't do this...and you will shit fat. I'm not even kidding. GO...SLOWLY.

Your body will adapt. I was bloated, gassy and nauseated eating Primal after my gallbladder was removed.

Also, read this:

How to Enjoy Bacon without a Gallbladder | Paleo Parents
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

There are several threads here in regards to going primal without a gallbladder. Just put "no gallbladder" in the search engine to bring them up.

That being said, I've been without a gallbladder for over 20 years. I suffered from chronic diarrhea for most of those years. Things improved when I changed my diet. The diarrhea reappears when I go off plan.

Comment

Working...
      X