Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating

I've recently started living primal (and i love it!), but i find it difficult to explain in social situations and dating for example. If a guy asks me out to have pizza how would i answer that?

if you're doing non-dairy you could tell him you're lactose intolerant.

Or tell him you can't tolerate wheat/grains (true) and suggest another place to go.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I haven't dated anyone since going primal, but I imagine that would hinder dinner dates. You could always plan to eat before meeting and then do a movie or go out to do something else.

Comment

It might be easier for a female to introduce the idea to guys...

Just say you eat like a caveman (or carnivorous) and want real meat for dinner. Guys should be able to accept that and be happy to go for a steak for dinner, rather than pasta or something anyway.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
        • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
        • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper.

Comment

LOL- I was sorta wondering about this too. Nick... too funny.

Comment

The Cosmo-type magazines caution against seeming like an overly picky eater on the first couple of dates, and I actually agree with them on this. It might imply that you're high maintenance. Just make sure the restaurant has something primal, order it, and don't explain anything unless you're asked. Most guys don't think twice when a woman orders a grilled chicken salad.

Comment

What about choosing restaurants where you can order meals that are primal without seeming picky? Mongolian BBQ is a pretty good style. You can load up a bowl of meat and veggies and spices, you are stuck using whatever oil they use for the grill.

Comment

"There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper. " Ha ha ha! But next thing ya know, she'll be grabbing the remote!

BTW, what's a date?..........

As my pounds shed, I expect the womens to flock to me, no?

Comment

I would prefer a woman who eats salad to one who eats pizza, nachos, and hot dogs as I'm sure most men would. I think women think to much about what men are thinking about their every little action on a date. We are not as complicated as most of you think we are. If we are attracted to you and like your personality, then the rest doesn't really matter. Despite what you think we aren't analyzing your every word, your shoes, your makeup, etc. Your girlfriends might be, but we sure aren't. In some ways, the male brain is still very primal when it comes to relationships .

Comment

"There's a word for a lady who downs a huge steak or a couple of pounds of barbecue on a first date: keeper. "

More like, "Competition." There may just be too much pressure on the hunting grounds for two good appetites. One of the best parts of dating was that magical point where you could see the woman was still hungry but not planning to eat anymore...then you'd giver her the line, "You gonna eat that?" I called it "Eating Clean-up" (e.g. "Batting Clean-up"). Ironically, I married a "keeper."

Comment

I think it might have an impact on perceived reproductive fitness, though. A woman who can knock back the calories is going to be much better at carrying healthy fetuses to term.

Of course I do most of the cooking, so I tend to get miffed if my wife only pecks at her food. But we did go to a burger place on our first date. And I think her current favorite thing I make is either grass fed brisket or tri-tip roast.

Comment

I second Conan. My g/f is a vegetarian and, while not *ideal*, she respects my carnivorism. We can manage pretty well when it comes to eating out. I can have my meat on lunch and get lots of vegetables and salads afterwards, or vice versa. If she loved fast food I would be in trouble. Plus I am sure she wouldn't be as attractive.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                          "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

I think it's pretty easy to avoid a lot of food places - even just saying 'aw, but I had <x style food> last night' and don't want to go. Unless, of course, he's planning ahead, then that won't work.

I don't generally outline primal unless someone asks. I'll just respond with 'low carb' and leave it at that. It tends to boggle people's minds when you bring up no grains, so maybe leaving that out for the first few dates may be a good way to go.

Comment

Speaking of "No grains." In Denver there is a phenomenal, very popular, low priced French restaurant named Le Central. You can eat a wonderful lunch with a glass of real sangria for about $10 plus tax and tip.

On my recent road trip I had lunch there, and there is NO way in hell I'm not going to enjoy their real, unlimited French bread and real butter! Maybe I'll have to eat a bottle of carb blockers, or think of it as my 20% for the next month, but eat it I will!

For Father's Day I did break down and have a .7 ounce piece of sourdough baguette I was fixing for the old folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X