No announcement yet.

Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, I dont care what the guy eats, as long as he is into fresh things and doesnt eat out a lot its good. Now to find him...

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Hang on a second guys we are primal - Dosen't that mean I as a male go out 'hunting' for a female, club her, drag her back to my riverside cave for some primal lovin ???? Don't tell me things have changed have they !!!!

There is no bigger turn on than a woman eating a nice juicy steak. And there is no bigger turn off than seeing her eat more than you !!!

Comment

Hahahaha tallguy.

So how come Mark has never done a post on the MOST primal of subjects that even people who DON'T live primally are into... SEX!

Comment

I have never had any issues with finding something OK to eat at any restaurant, if not order a martini with extra olives.

Comment

Us primal folks could also just offer to cook dinner for someone as a dinner date.

You could even prepare it and go for a cute little picnic. People will walk by and saw "awwww..."

Comment

This thread is quite entertaining! I don't think about dating too much anymore - I know that as soon as any woman sees my primal physique she'll pretty much be unable to resist. Now I just have to worry about turning down all the girls that don't meet my primal standards!

Ok... kidding aside, I kinda look at it just as I would any other habit that someone might have. I won't date smokers or heavy drinkers. I won't date a Republican. We just wouldn't be compatible. If a girl insists on pizza, cheesecake, etc. or has a problem with me eating as much yummy, fatty meat as I do, and won't be swayed away from her CW ideas (even after showing her my copy of Primal Blueprint), then we just wouldn't be compatible.

(Actually, I don't think I'd date a Democrat either...) Politics aren't primal!

Comment

RDR I like the way you think! Seriously, WHERE are the men-who-picnic in Ohio?!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Hahaha who knows, you wanna relocate to Albuquerque?

Comment

Get a room, you two!

(jk)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

if a guy ask me out for pizza, I'd probably order chicken wings low on the sauce and a side salad with it.

if it's just a spontaneous date I'd probably just tell him I'd come and hang out with him but I've just eaten. so I could be there for the conversation and skip the pizza.

eventually I'd tell him about my eating habbit and philosophy, and that person should respect that. I mean, I'm not going to change other person's habbit if they are not willing to, nor do I judge their way of eating, therefore, neither should he.

Comment

I really see no reason to be anything aside from honest. If the person you're dating is halfway intelligent, they'll at least be open-minded enough to listen to your description of being primal/paleo. Also, they should be fine with it, as long as you're not aggressively trying to convert them and shouldn't have a major problem eating at places that'll have something for both of you to enjoy.

Comment

agree with rahchis. Anyone cool enough to date me will put up with my dietary preferences!

rarrr

Comment

great advice everyone thanks!!....and i agree with neopaleo its kinda of hard to find someone that understands primal living; also RogerDeGrok, there should be some kind of post about sex haha

Comment

Haven't dated since truly going primal, but I will say -- and I really don't care how shallow you think this is -- that I did once break up with a guy partially because he was ... well ... fat. Well, more that he claimed it was genetic and didn't make an effort to do anything about it. Now this is when I was first beginning to experiment with low-carb (but still ate like the low-carb bread etc) and was noticing SOME results. I made an effort and he wasn't doing jack.

But lets be honest here. Physical attraction is part of the equation, no matter what. And I would definitely prefer a primal guy over a non-primal one.

Honestly, if he was hot enough I'd probably just go out and consider it part of the '20%' and eventually explain the whole primal thing. Fortunately in Colorado Springs and Gunnison there are lots of restaurants with primal options -- most of the pizza places have salad on the menu and you can pick out the croutons.

As far as long-term goes though, the main limiting factor would be if he refused to understand that primal does work and kept trying to push CW ideas. I could even date an Italian as long as he let me do my thing and didn't oppose me continuing my way of life.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X