Sun Exposure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Exposure

So, for those of us who don't live in Malibu are tanning beds an option? Aren't there some types that help you make Vitamin D and others that don't? I know there's some discussion here, but I was hoping there was a "definitive" answer somewhere
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Bump
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

C'mon Icarian- we've got plenty of sun out here. As long as you don't mind a bit of a nippy wind . . . Oh, and you don't work between 7 am and 4:30 pm.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Sunrise: 9:58
        Sunset: 3:05

Comment

Ouch- where are you JHC? I need to know so I don't move there . . .
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Actually, it was really nice out (like 50+) on Sunday. Went for a hike in a wife beater and shorts. The last 2 days it's been less than 20. It will be in the high 60s to low 70s in January just to fuck with my head.
            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Okay, so I know I'm following a troll post that bumped this thread, but I do think this is a good question. It's not an issue for me since I work outside in Southern Nevada, but I'm still curious.

I heard something (maybe on Everday Paleo?) that the older tanning beds were better since the new ones blocked a certain type of light that was needed for Vitamin D production, but I don't remember exactly what the difference was.
              Durp.

Comment

Working...
              X