Are ebooks non primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are ebooks non primal?

I've read digital entertainment is bad for sleeping habits, but at the same time reading isn't. What if we are now captured by the digital world and get used to read books through a shiny display? Should we go back to the old paper, dim light and yellow shade glasses?

If you are using an e-reader that is lit from within (like a laptop or an iPhone would be), then it's supposed to be harder to sleep since it's shining into your eyes.

I use a Kindle, so it is lit externally by either a lamp over my shoulder or a light attached to the cover that shines onto the screen. That kind of indirect lighting puts me right to sleep, and it's generally what I do before I fall asleep almost every night.
    Durp.

Comment

Mine, a decidedly low tech Sony, is definitely primal, I know this because my eyes tend to close after a while...
      Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
      Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
      Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
      Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Yeah it would always ruin my sleep when I read the Oprah-mag on my Ipad in bed. (Oh I'm embarassed to admit it, but it is a guilty pleasure of mine).

Comment

Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
          Yeah it would always ruin my sleep when I read the Oprah-mag on my Ipad in bed. (Oh I'm embarassed to admit it, but it is a guilty pleasure of mine).
          Reading Oprah, or having an ipad ;-)
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
            Reading Oprah, or having an ipad ;-)
            I foudn MDA thanks to my iPad so I will never regret that pleasure. Its Oprah I'm feel ashamed off. Maybe not so much her as stupid Dr. Oz helpful column. At least it gives me a good laugh.

Comment

If you have an E-ink type of ereader, then it is not bad for you before bed.... I read technical manuals on mine and fall right to sleep....
              I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

E-books are not primal, and neither are books. But who cares? I'm not into primal reenactment nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Farfalla View Post
                  E-books are not primal, and neither are books. But who cares? I'm not into primal reenactment nonsense.
                  good point LOL
                  Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I don't think Grok had books -- just cave paintings that he made himself. He may have told stories and acted them out.

I read on an iPad. Not primal. I do use orange-tinted glasses most evenings and I do get to sleep more easily. I personally notice that if the book is exciting, I stay awake. Science news articles -- not so much (tho I love science!)
                    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

Guess I'm never going to Kansas City Fitness Training now...
                      Durp.

Comment

Working...
                      X