Primal Birth Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
    You are right. We do have a lot more technologies for it now. But I wouldn't discount herbal remedies when they were needed.
    For example, red raspberry leaf tea. If taken in large amounts, it can have an abortifacient effect on pregnancies. Or so I've been told.
    Kane's Eye View

Primal Kane

Comment

So can high-dose vitamin C.

And frankly, considering that 52% of men cheat, I think condoms are the way to go (combined with NFP.)

Comment

anal is an option, if the woman likes anal to begin with. otherwise it's just painal.

i'm glad i'm not the type who likes writing copious amounts of scientifically researched papers, because i'm pretty sure i'm about to google all the ancient and herbal methods of preventing/ending pregnancies. i hadn't heard about the vit c, now i'm all curious
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          anal is an option, if the woman likes anal to begin with. otherwise it's just painal.
          aw c'mon, you can learn to like anything ;-)

But bionicsamm has a point...
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

alright misabi, let's see how long it takes you to learn to like it

unless you're a lady and you already like it :-?
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

I've been charting my cycle for at least the last 10 years. I do not believe in hormonal BC and have never used it. Once you know what the signs are of ovulation and are able to detect them it isn't that complicated. We avoid sex around ovulation or wear a condom. Even with lube the sex with a condom isn't all that, but I don't want to be pregnant at 40. My kids are 17 & 15.....if things go as planned we will be empty nesters in 3 years! And looking forward to it!
              My Blog: Healthy Living How To
              sigpic

Comment

I use the copper IUD as well. Have had it for four years this December It did hurt to put it in, and every month after my cramps were really bad--BUT--my mother also had terrible cramping for years, so I think I'm more prone to it. Every month my cramping varies, mostly depending on how healthy I ate :lol: But, to me, it's worth not having to deal with condoms, taking a pill everyday and dealing with hormones, and all the other methods. but like last month, my cramping was VERY minimal, was nice

Comment

Teens are just as bad. My 13 year old pitbull of a daughter can sense the second a man puts his arm around me and ...zammo! She is right there!

Comment

my first post in the thread

Comment

Loving this subject, plenty to think about!

The withdrawal method though... wild horses couldn't drag me out once i'm in, it'd be disastrous for me to go that way with a woman!
                      Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Animal intestine tied off at the end for a condom is very primal.

Comment

The point of condoms is that sex is most tempting and awesome while ovulating. Ovulation is when the body puts out hormones that make the brain go "I want sex. Lots of sex. But I might be ovulating...nah there's no way I could be ovulating, cause sex is great."

Comment

ITA sapphire!! The worst thing about charting is avoiding sex just when your body is gearing up for it! Did it for 4 yrs (2 for contraception and 2 for conception). I know when I'm ovulating but really don't like condoms. So... Now that the contraceptive power of exclusive breastfeeding and 2 x 2yrs lactational amenorrhea and having small children in your bed has worn off... Vasectomy!
                            Yay! Quick. Easy. And painless. For me!

Oh and I think paw paw seeds were used as an abortifacient, too. I used to know lots of them but then I had children.

Comment

We have resorted to condoms and I hate them but I hate the thought of more children more. The only time I even want sex is when I am ovulating so although I used the billings method when conceiving my son, it is of no use to me now. My hubby is getting neutered shortly, hopefully that will fix the problem lol.

Comment

LOL huckie! That's what my DH called it too! haha! And my brother was given a jar by one of his mates - to keep his boys in!

Despite his week long misery face afterwards, DH seems to have survived. Just gotta keep him at arm's length until he gets the all clear - I have 2 friends with that 'extra' child and while I love my kids, another would just do me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X