Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Confusion...Different "Paleo" diets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm w/ SS. The Paleo Diets that promote very lean meats and no saturated fat just don't make sense to me. As SS quoted from Western Price most primitive people, incl. 'modern' hunter-gathers highly prize the fatty cuts of meat. The lean meats are generally disregarded and for good reason...they are less nutritious. There's no doubt that today's grain-fed cows have more fat(and in different ratio's) than grass-fed or wild meat, but if you're eating grass-fed I think you're getting close.

Mark's definitive guide on saturated fats is a good summary

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy/

Comment

That's a very timely post. I was just researching paleo-types of diets in Russian language for my mother to help her grasp the understanding a little nit better (she's currently eating Primal). To my great disappointment, anything remotely close to paleo was Cordain's version and another version of some dude that claims to be a personal nutritionist for Madonna and DeNiro (gotta put a marketing spin on it).

It's a good thing I never told my mom to search for a version of the diet in Russian because it would've confused her even more.

Also, I'm frustrated with marketing diet spins such as Paleo and Mediterranean diets. They have very little to do with what actual cultures were/are consume as they diets.

Comment

Working...
      X