No announcement yet.

EXTREMELY dry legs, symptom of what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I must have missed reading your previous response- looks like you have found a likely reason for it! I hope that's it and you can get it taken care of!

Comment

Dear Daughter of Grok

if u want to treat hypothyroidism urself without any medications,i would suggest Suryanamaskar/sun salutations.Do atleast 20-30 rounds of it daily...its almost magical.

Along wid this,do some accupressure urself,take a pen with a round end or a pencil n put pressure on the soft part of ur palm just beneath the thumb,locate the point by pressing,wherever u feel pain is the actual dormant point,make it active by rotating n pressing the pen clockwise.do it just before u eat something n atleast 5-6 times a day,100 presses at a time,u will see t result in just 2 weeks...all t best n God bless!!

Comment

Supplementation with Iodine (Lugol's or Idoral) can help. I've been using them for almost a month with lots of hypothyroid symptoms at the beginning (dry and itchy calves that itched so much they bled, low body temp, cold hands and feet, etc). My calves finally look normal. Curezone has a forum about this (iodine supplementation).

I refused to go to a Doc about this. Mostly because it is hard to diagnose and more because I didn't want to take meds. My calves are normal now. My body temp is almost perfect and my weight is finally coming off. Worth a try, anyway.

Comment

Do you have forces hot air heat (meaning vents that push out hot air).

If so you need a humidifier in your home...

Comment

If you think there's a problem with your dry skin, then you should consult a good dermatologist.

However, if your skin reflects a hypothyroid condition, you've received very bad advice here.

First, your mother is not taking 'meds.' When you are deficient in thyroid hormones, the only solution is to take those hormones orally. There are no other solutions. Thyroid pills are pure hormones; they provide the ones your body is failing to produce.

And if like 7 of 10 women who are hypo, you happen to have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, supplemental iodine can actually hurt rather than help.

Keep in mind that if you're hypothyroid, dry skin is only one of many physical problems you can develop, so ignoring this issue because you don't want "to take meds" is, quite frankly, not a healthy choice at all.

Comment

Heres a supplementation article from the WAP foundation

http://www.westonaprice.org/Hypothyroidism.html

sigpic
              In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

if you want iodine you can try iodoral my mom used that and had good results.

Also cayenne pepper is supposed to be good for thyroid as well as Rhodiola aka"golden root" or guggullipid extract

Brown, R., et al. Rhodiola rosea: A phytomedicinal overview. HerbalGram. 56:40-52, 2002.

English, J. New research on thermogenesis. Vitamin Research News. April 2000.

zinc, selenium, tyrosine are supposed to be good as well.

Avoid fluoride from toothpaste and tap water for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X