Paleo and Shakeology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo and Shakeology

I am curious your take on Shakeology. I have recently started the paleo diet over the past month after reading your book. I used to drink Shakeology frequently for breakast because it's a fast meal. What are your thoughts on it now? I know you used to be a big Beachbody supporter, so am curious your take on it.

I have no knowledge of this. If it involves shaking things don't do it with a baby.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

obviously i'm not mark, but it contains some non-primal ingredients (oat, wheat, kamut, barley grasses; pea fiber, quinoa, and amaranth). you'll just have to decide whether or not you want to make this part of your 20%. primal is about REAL food. would this be replacing a primal, whole-foods meal, or is it something you'd drink because you're running late for work and you need something to eat that isn't a bagel?

also, it's a little high carb and low-fat, and thus not a good food replacement if you're trying to lower your BF%. (i just wanted to point out the disclaimer which says anyone who might be tested for steroid use should not drink it)
      Last edited by Saoirse; 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I put three slices of bacon in the microwave and scramble two eggs. Including eating time, probably less than 5 minutes. Who needs shakes?!
        Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
        Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
        CW: 146.8 lbs
        GW 140 lbs
        A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Good food > fast food.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

I thought this was going to be a post on shake weights.

Comment

Originally posted by milly3 View Post
              I thought this was going to be a post on shake weights.
              I thought of that too!
              Lifting Journal

Comment

Cavemen (and women) did not drink their breakfast. End of discussion.
                Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                Brute Force Sandbags
                www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                  Cavewomen might have......
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

But one thing nice about shakes/smoothies is that you can drink different foods that you don't normally like the taste of and still get the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      Cavewomen might have......
                      bwahahaha!

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
                      But one thing nice about shakes/smoothies is that you can drink different foods that you don't normally like the taste of and still get the benefits.
                      not really. that's kind of the point. drinking a powdered substance that includes something once resembling kale is not the same thing as eating kale.
                      my primal journal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Mark cautions against smoothies in the book - Kelly Korg's diet - because of how easy it is to take in excess calories. But then he also sells a shake (Primal fuel) so who knows where he stands
                        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                          Cave babies only!
                          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

My rule for shakes/smoothies is that if I make them myself from raw ingredients, they're fine, but I refuse to ingest strange powders that contain God-only-knows-what.

Comment

Plus, I f@$%ing hate Beachbody with a passion. Shakeology cites a 90 day study - but it's practically (or maybe totally) impossible to find. Google just returns a million hits from other Beachbody coaches (on commission) telling me how good the thing is...annoying.

Does anybody know the wherebaouts of this study?
                              Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                              Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                              The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                              Brute Force Sandbags
                              www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                              http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Working...
                              X