Any primal teens out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any primal teens out there?

The title says it all, are there primal teens around for some chat and mabye some questions? I am a fifteen year old male, I just recently started going primal and am a huge fan or mark and his amazing lifestyle/book! But I am finding a lack of friends and any other like-minded people my age in my current area of living Looking forward to hearing back from some of you!

Cory =]

Yep, 18 here. You need anything specific?

Comment

16 here. Just play around with diet. Only you can find your optimal diet.

Comment

Well sweet! More or less looking for some people to connect with over the site here. I am 15, so a little behind you guys but not by much!

Comment

19, At least until this summer.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Just because we're not all teens doesn't mean we're not like minded. Your lucky to find this wisdom so young, if you have any questions there are plenty of "adults " on here who would be more than happy to help. Or if you just have any thoughts you would like to share no one will put you down.
            Welcome to the primal lifestyle Cory
            my photo stream
            The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

I'm 18, too, but I'm also a bit new to all this primal living so I may not be a whole lot of help.

Jon Tall Tree's advice makes sense, though. This is a pretty welcoming community, so you could probably ask questions, get comments, etc...from just about anybody here.

Comment

Well, that is awesome to hear Jon! I will keep that in mind in future posts/questions =]

Comment

I'm 16 here, and love the primal lifestyle (:

Comment

17, turning 18 sooner I've never felt better in my life. I've been primal about 6 months. Welcome!
                    http://anikaskitchen.blogspot.com/
                    My journal

Comment

I'm 15 also... I've been on and off of the Primal lifestyle a few times. I have a question: One of the hardest parts for me about not having grains is school eating. What do you guys do? (I read Mark's post, but just wanted to get info from some people who are actually in this type of situation)

Comment

Originally posted by Swilliam127 View Post
                        I'm 15 also... I've been on and off of the Primal lifestyle a few times. I have a question: One of the hardest parts for me about not having grains is school eating. What do you guys do? (I read Mark's post, but just wanted to get info from some people who are actually in this type of situation)
                        I'm a teen too! In high school, I recently started (two days) trying to bring a Big Ass Salad (BAS) to lunch and it was actually cool! I put it in a big glass bowl container and wrapped it in a towel to cushion it. I also put my dressing that I made in a glass container that came from a chinese sauce thingy. It was kind of inconvenient with having to bring a big glass bowl in my backpack and having to be careful about it, but it worked out Also it was funny when I was eating the BAS and people just said "Whoa that's a BIG salad" and "wow that looks delicious!"

So yeah if you can fit it in your bag you could try bringing a BAS to school. I liked it and I think I'm going to keep on doing it

Comment

You have no idea how fortunate you are to discover primal eating and movement at such a young age! As for the school lunches, if you can't really bring a lunchdue to storage, reheating or whatever, try bringing some jerky or pemmican. Makesure its from a good source like wellness meats. If that's too pricy, just do an IF during lunch and maybehave jerky or pemmican once or twice a week. That will still be cheaper than eating school swill.

Comment

No longer a teen...but I turn 22 tomorrow...close enough? haha. It's equally hard to find like minded people in college!! All of the events with free soda and pizza...ugh, and the cafeteria has been troublesome at times. Luckily, I don't need to use it that often and they have acquired decent options lately.

Comment

I have three boys 15 18 and 20, all of whom would benefit from a paleo/primal diet, but are still very much in "dad is stupid and his diet sucks" mode. I wish there was someway I could push them towards changing their diet other than being a good role model. Mom isn't fully on board either. Any suggestions from the teens here?
                              Grass Fed Beef Restaurants

Comment

Working...
                              X