No announcement yet.

Pooping Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One remedy I have just literally fell upon is moringa which I am taking purely for its health benefits but it really gets things moving down below, better than anything I've tried plus its good for ya.
    One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

I have had no problems with pooping.

6am everyday-great BM
      7am everyday-great piss

I just wish I could get out of bed before 8 am.

Randal
      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Haha good one.
        One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.
          I'm having similar problems. I am just starting a paleo diet. So it's too early to tell. Yesterday I had a really big bowl of salad with a grass fed burger patty and some fruit and nuts during the day, AND steamed cabbage with my dinner. I had cramping last night and had to take something for my stomach to help me sleep.

I'm going to cut back on the fiber and veggies. I know I tolerate cooked greens and some yams OK. Have you switched to more meat/less veggies yet?

Comment

I didn't get "start-out" cramps, but I DO have cramping whenever I eat grain or homogenized milk in any amount. I think it's your gut bacteria having to "rearrange" and not being able to digest your new diet as efficiently. Either way, it subsides quite soon and you'll be feeling far better than before in no time.

As for stool-type:
            -if you're constipated, you aren't eating enough fat
            -if you have soft stool that floats, you're eating more fat than your body can use (which isn't really a problem; I prefer to go over than under, as fat is my main fuel-source)
            -if it's hard or impacted, you aren't drinking enough water (fat metabolism uses some extra water)
            -if there's not much poop, but no constipation or pain (just less "produced"), then you're probably eating a heavy bias to meat, which produces less waste, so you shouldn't worry too much, unless that meat-bias wasn't your aim
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

This seems to mostly be a thread about people with constipation from Primal? I am the opposite. Iv been primal for nearly 2 months now but my bowel movements are still sticky and smelly, also almost as large as they were when I was on high grain diet. I was vegan for a month prior to primal, had beautiful bowel movements, no smell, but had lots of gas through the day.

I try to have vegetables 3 times daily, meat twice daily, eggs for breaky, 1 or 2 pea protein smoothies with fruit, avocado, maybe lettuce...

Comment

Originally posted by danhaych View Post
                This seems to mostly be a thread about people with constipation from Primal? I am the opposite. Iv been primal for nearly 2 months now but my bowel movements are still sticky and smelly, also almost as large as they were when I was on high grain diet. I was vegan for a month prior to primal, had beautiful bowel movements, no smell, but had lots of gas through the day.

I try to have vegetables 3 times daily, meat twice daily, eggs for breaky, 1 or 2 pea protein smoothies with fruit, avocado, maybe lettuce...
                Peas are legumes. (Not Primal) Pea protein smoothies are concentrated legumes. Try dropping that and see what happens. Also, why do you feel you need veggies three times a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  why do you feel you need veggies three times a day?
                  Well you cant get at least the RDI of vitamins and minerals by just having vegies once a day. Try typing in all the food you eat in a day into a program that counts your vitamins and minerals and you will see why.

Comment

Well you cant get at least the RDI of vitamins and minerals by just having vegies once a day. Try typing in all the food you eat in a day into a program that counts your vitamins and minerals and you will see why.
                    Um, you're wrong in your assumptions. Animal products are the most nutrient dense foods anywhere. Plants are a lot of cellulose and water complete with things like oxalates which bind to a lot of the nutrients in them making them at least partially un-bioavailable to us. So even if a plant food has X% of your RDA of a certain nutrient, if your body can't get to it, it is useless.

I recommend this AHS talk for some background. Mathieu Lalonde, PhD

Comment

Um, you're wrong in your assumptions. Animal products are the most nutrient dense foods anywhere.

I recommend this AHS talk for some background. Mathieu Lalonde, PhD
                      I will download and watch it when I get a chance but even so, what about the fact that vegetables decrease the acid load from meat. Im sure I've read that Mark suggests eating lots of vegetables. Veg once a day is not enough...

Comment

I think Paleobird's point is, if all the veggies don't agree with you don't eat so many. Yes, Mark recommends veggies, but he also recommends playing around with what works for you.
                        Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
                        Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

I will download and watch it when I get a chance but even so, what about the fact that vegetables decrease the acid load from meat. Im sure I've read that Mark suggests eating lots of vegetables. Veg once a day is not enough...
                          Not enough for what? You don't need that much fiber, and animal products have a higher nutrient density.

There is no "acid load" from meat. That whole "acidic vs alkaline food" thing is yet more vegan propaganda with no basis in scientific fact.

Everything you eat goes into a vat of acid (aka your stomach) and is broken down. It already way more acidic than any meat could "make it" be. The body tightly controls Ph level in the blood by excreting excess in either direction in the urine. Those Ph strips test urine, not blood.

Nobody is saying that vegetables are inherently bad, just that they are not so necessary that, if they are not agreeing with your digestive system, that you should continue force feeding them to yourself.

What is the definition of insanity again? Try something different.

Comment

Everything you eat goes into a vat of acid (aka your stomach) and is broken down. It already way more acidic than any meat could "make it" be. The body tightly controls Ph level in the blood by excreting excess in either direction in the urine. Those Ph strips test urine, not blood.
                            I have put that fact to people who teach this sort of thing and they say it's not to do with the pH that results from stomach acid breakdown, they say it's do with what happens when the individual amino acids are broken down. Couldn't give me a definitive answer though.

There is no "acid load" from meat. That whole "acidic vs alkaline food" thing is yet more vegan propaganda with no basis in scientific fact.
                            What are you basing your opinion on? If it's true I want to be able to show proof. I am aware of the 3 systems the body mainly uses for the pH homeostasis. But the body is not a perfectly working machine, things go wrong. If things didn't go wrong there would be no disease. So maybe its possible these pH homeostatic mechanisms don't always function right and with a diet mostly of foods favouring for an acid breakdown maybe there is some truth???

Comment

Also, plug some decent carnivore foods into your program. Six eggs, a can of oysters, five strips of bacon, 1/2 cup of berries (it's true, follow wolves around, carnivores love berries!) and similar. You'll be amazed at how complete that nutrition turns out. Short of C? Add one rose hip or a bite of goat liver...if you look around, you can find an animal source for every plant nutrient, except the phyto-stuff. That's why I still steep dandelions and eat the roots and sometimes the cooked leaves - and the yellow flowers by the fistful! I'm not eating the entrails of prey to get their stomach contents, but I also eat fermented veggies like real pickles, sauerkraut, etc...

I have gone back to mostly carnivore (hmm, except coconut milk!), but still enjoy fruit somewhat regularly. I should really start keeping better track of everything I eat. My head is kind of busy lately and I think it's time to look again at the details!
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                              X