No announcement yet.

Pooping Paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not cayenne in hot water can also stop vomiting. My 7 year old, desperate for her perfect attendance medal, agreed to try it and stopped vomiting after vomiting for hours. We read this on the Earth Clinic site.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Cayenne with water.... I may have to try this! I don't have constipation issues and I go regularly in the morning but I like the benefits of cayenne. I LOVE lemon or lime in my water.
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone! I have been eating paleo for almost 3 weeks and it is going mostly well. I am experiencing minor constipation as well. I had some thoughts as to why. Is this right? When you eliminate grains, dairy and legumes from your diet, your body absorbs more nutrients. I've been eating lots of veggies, fats, and protein. no fruit. not too much nuts(1oz/day). lots of water. like 10 to 12 cups a day. coffee, twice a week, 24oz total. yams for carbs only around workouts.

Could it be that all these great things i'm eating, my body is now absorbing most of it that there's not that much poop left? I am pooping but just a bit.

Thoughts?

Comment

Well mine are still large, inconsistent (every 3-4 days) and hard to pass. And I have been primal for more than a year. Is there a natural remedy for the hardness of the stool? Water does not reach the colon that is drunk. Its absorbed before than. Its most likely flora related water.
          My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Interesting... I may be trying some cayenne this weekend! I've read it's good for a lot of things, including circulation and I have crappy circulation.

I use magnesium citrate right now, but that can be hard to regulate and not go TOO far in the opposite direction. I just want to keep things moving, not cause a stampede!
            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

cayenne can also upset the stomach since its a strong pepper. I have had this happen before.
              My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I've fallen off my Primal attempt and BMs are back to normal, and I feel better, but I still have a concern before I go back.

My issue was not constipation or loose bowels, but regular, thick, sticky BM's; think asphalt from a soft serve machine. There was much less volume as expected, but I never felt empty. Worst of all, good hygiene was impossible without a shower. No amount of wiping was sufficient. I needed hot water and soap. It was a very uncomfortable and self conscious three weeks while I was mostly Primal.

I started daily Metamucil again, and eventually slipped out of Primal mode, but I want to start up again.

What am I missing, even when not primal I eat a huge amount of cruciferous vegetables, salads, and olive oil. I don't think I can succeed in primal, if I rely on Metamucil.

Comment

Aside from stool quality and quantity, position on the potty makes a big difference in ease of evacuation, and cleanup is easier as well. I built a squatting platform from plans downloaded from www.lillipad.co.nz. It incorporates the grok squat, and I much prefer using my lillipad to the typical sitting position.
                  42 yo female; 5'8"
                  Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                  Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                  Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                  Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

WOW I just tried the cayenne in some water and it kinda tastes good---though obviously quite spicey (I like spicey). I squeezed some fresh lemon in it for even better flavor. Interested to see how it works as a laxative!

Comment

Hi I am one month into my new lifetime Paleo lifestyle and have am experiencing similar things. I have always been EXTREMELY regular but on paleo I notice that I am just as regular but the it is softer and sometimes occurs in evening as well. I also am having mild cramping. But I eat a lot of raw veggies (I love raw brussel sprouts) so that might have soemthing to do with it. I'm not bothered by it at all it is just a different situation now.

Comment

I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                          I poop well without veggies, but when I start eating them (or starchy fruits like bananas) I get anythig from the runs to a brick. When I just eat meat, eggs, etc., that doesn't happen. I am starting to really wonder if veggies are really even good for me.
                          Come over to the carnivorous dark side my friend. Your digestive system will thank you for it.

Comment

I did it for awhile and it was great. Funny how I can question something that worked. I think I will, mostly, be carnivore from here on in, except for nuts, berries, chocolate, avocado and mushrooms, and spices/herbs and coconut milk. The fruit thing is over with, except for the occasional deviation. I'll never be 100% anything, because if I feel like I need oranges, I'm going to get some oranges. Of course, when I was regularly eating my beef heart liver, oysters, etc., I rarely even thought about fruit. I need to make more bone broth now!
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              I did it for awhile and it was great. Funny how I can question something that worked. I think I will, mostly, be carnivore from here on in, except for nuts, berries, chocolate, avocado and mushrooms, and spices/herbs and coconut milk. The fruit thing is over with, except for the occasional deviation. I'll never be 100% anything, because if I feel like I need oranges, I'm going to get some oranges. Of course, when I was regularly eating my beef heart liver, oysters, etc., I rarely even thought about fruit. I need to make more bone broth now!
                              Because you were getting your vitamin needs taken care of. I still eat avocados, coconut, onions, shrooms, anything that makes my meat taste better or actively tastes good by itself but not any veggies just because I am "supposed to" eat them.

Comment

And it just feels right. It all digests so easily. Yeah, I'm going back to what works.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X