What brought you joy today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brought you joy today?

Consider this a reminder of Primal Law #7 (Play). We need things in life that bring us joy. So, what brought a smile to your face today?

For me it was using my "move slowly" time for a walk on my local trail in my FF's. On my walk I spent some time clearing fallen branches, small trees, and rocks from the trail to make it more passable. I also filled a bag with trash. No one may ever notice, but it made me glad.

Worked out at lunch today outside (was 67 and sunny)... intense... feel great now.

Comment

I like this thread Geoff! (Seeing the title brought me joy).

Today: I am wearing a size 29 designer jeans. In January, I wouldn't have been able to get my calves through the thigh-holes and was more like a size 34 - 36!

And the thought that, for the 1st time since going primal, I have a freezer full of grass-feed beef and bison meat! Yay!

Comment

Sleeping in! So I guess that counts as Primal Law "sleep" I work at home on Fridays and it is pure joy to go without an alarm clock. Not only that, but it's a gorgeous day in Seattle and the sun was streaming in my window--I definitely woke up with a smile!

Comment

Thanks for the idea, Geoff!

Finally finished some long procrastinated swimming pool equipment and service. Sweating like the proverbial stuck pig out there, and then it started sprinkling.

Feeling just great and recognizing that! Hope to do some lifting of the bag of sand I bought the other day.

OTOH, the A/C in here and the ceiling fan over me is pretty darned nice!

Comment

Did some barefooted sprints in the park this morning before breakfast. The cold dew on my feet was envigorating.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I enjoyed the half of the job interview that involved wandering in wellies in a field of cute cattle...

Comment

Very early morning Tabata sprints. Had to jump a fence to get to my usual spot though - which was part of the fun of course!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

love this thread...

it brought me joy

I went for a walk in the sun today on the trail and wasn't feeling good..sort of had a walking meditation

and felt so much better after the walk ! JOY xoox Darlene

Comment

Your replies are making ME smile. Thank you!

Comment

For me it was the two 4-week old puppies that I'm fostering for a local shelter. Puppies are *pure* joy. When I saw them running towards me this AM with their little tails wagging it was total happiness. We went for a long walk outside in the garden (more like round and round) so I guess you can say I got some slow, primal exercise in too

Comment

walking my puppy this morning.

She is so happy.

She brings smiles to all that see her and she always returns their smile.

Comment

I got to be the alpha-dog at boot-camp. The usual alpha and beta dogs are on vacation, and the gamma dog had an ankle injury.

Technically, I guess that makes me the gamma dog now; if I had the true primal spirit, I should have gotten medieval on her hiney and claimed my rightful place in the pack, huh? (Eight dogs beneath me.)

Comment

Hmmm, that might make you more of a 'cat' since the females rule in their prides ;-)

Comment

I woke up this morning to the sound of baby chicks, 2 weeks old. Our neighbors, who own a goat dairy and make wonderful goat cheese, brought them over yesterday for the kids. Churp, churp sounds of three lil chicks. They are 'banti size' so lil eggs. The thought of our own chicken eggs YAY! Mean while I'll still be buying them from the goat farm the sell eggs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X