No announcement yet.

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago I was rendered immobile by the result of a misadventure while involved in something semi-dangerous. In short I hurt myself pretty badly. During the convalescence I gained a bit too much weight. Under supervision and with medical advice I took CLA Tonalin, a chromium niacin blend, and garcinia cambogia (Citrimax). The weight gain stopped and most of that weight was lost by the time I could move again. I continued those supplements and added exercise as soon as I was no longer disabled. Lost a lot of weight while still stuck in a chair and lost more and toughened up when able to be active again.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
      A few years ago I was rendered immobile by the result of a misadventure while involved in something semi-dangerous. In short I hurt myself pretty badly. During the convalescence I gained a bit too much weight. Under supervision and with medical advice I took CLA Tonalin, a chromium niacin blend, and garcinia cambogia (Citrimax). The weight gain stopped and most of that weight was lost by the time I could move again. I continued those supplements and added exercise as soon as I was no longer disabled. Lost a lot of weight while still stuck in a chair and lost more and toughened up when able to be active again.
      Cool

anyone else used it?
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
      ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

It's been a little over 1 week. I've been taking 5 pills a day which equals to 3.9 mg of pure CLA. The recommended dosage is 3.4 mg.

Definitely lost some fat around my stomach

Gained some muscle on my thighs.

I don't count calories, I just eat normally until I'm full. I have been aiming for low-fat though, I think CLA works better that way, and low-carb doesn't work for me.

I would like to think the CLA is helping but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I've also been taking BCAA's with which I had good results before.

So far so good, I'll probably get another CLA bottle.

I'm 185 now, can't see my abs at all but I like where I am. Would like to get down to 175 by the end of the summer.

Strength has gone to shit though, I used to squat 4 plates, I'd be happy if I can manage 3 now. But it won't be hard to get it back, been here before.
        Last edited by rphlslv; 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM.
        ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
        ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread,but any other opinions on this? Anyone take borage oil?

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
          It's been a little over 1 week. I've been taking 5 pills a day which equals to 3.9 mg of pure CLA. The recommended dosage is 3.4 mg.

Definitely lost some fat around my stomach

Gained some muscle on my thighs.

I don't count calories, I just eat normally until I'm full. I have been aiming for low-fat though, I think CLA works better that way, and low-carb doesn't work for me.

I would like to think the CLA is helping but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I've also been taking BCAA's with which I had good results before.

So far so good, I'll probably get another CLA bottle.

I'm 185 now, can't see my abs at all but I like where I am. Would like to get down to 175 by the end of the summer.

Strength has gone to shit though, I used to squat 4 plates, I'd be happy if I can manage 3 now. But it won't be hard to get it back, been here before.

Comment

Mark wrote about this, search his blog. He says the pills are a no no
            Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

You can take it but it's best to get it from some delicious meat! Grass-fed Beef, Swoon!

Comment

Working...
              X