Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Since the CLA supplements apparently contain a different type of CLA (synthesized from sunflower or safflower oil), I don't know if your supposition is accurate. Does Kangaroo taste like chicken?
    No, kangaroo is a red meat with a gamey flavour. Its easy to overcook so it should be served rare. Very lean.

And before anyone gets upset, kangaroos are abundant and need to be culled regularly
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
      No, kangaroo is a red meat with a gamey flavour. Its easy to overcook so it should be served rare. Very lean.

And before anyone gets upset, kangaroos are abundant and need to be culled regularly
      Yum! In 2013 I will be visiting Oz, so I'll make sure to add roos to my menu!
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Are there any CLA supplements that are derived from a natural source?
        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

I have decided to do a trial of the Tonalin CLA, starting today. I will do it for 3 weeks and post my findings here. After another poster suggested we look at Dr. Ann Louise's postings on CLA and reading other research, I decided it wouldn't be that risky to try it out. I specifically have belly fat to lose, so we'll see...

Comment

Day 2 of CLA I can report some mild gastrointestinal issues. Nothing too major, though- it's about the same as when I started taking vitamins regularly.

Comment

Eraserheadgirl: Consider giving it longer than just a 3-week trial. It takes about that long to even kick in, usually 2-3 weeks.
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                Eraserheadgirl: Consider giving it longer than just a 3-week trial. It takes about that long to even kick in, usually 2-3 weeks.
                If my tummy can handle it, I shall

Comment

Made me nauseous. Not worth it.
                  Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

i would be very cautious about taking a monkeyed-with safflower-based CLA supplement. CLA is a trans-saturated fat. while it makes sense that getting it from natural sources is good for you, i really don't think safflower-based trans-saturated fat could be beneficial.
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I'm not scared of safflower, so no worries there.

Comment

I am going to have to abort the CLA experiment- my delicate stomach just can't do it another day. Good luck to those with strong constitutions.

Comment

I'm probably going to give this a go. I'm so desperate to lose weight. Ever since I had my pituitary gland removed in '94 I've been struggling like crazy with my weight, do to hypothyroid. No amount of primal eating has changed that. I've got a cast iron stomach so I'm not really worried about it bothering me. I'll update this thread with my results.

Comment

Mike, are you supplementing/replenishing other pituitary activated hormones along with thyroid?

Comment

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
                              I'm probably going to give this a go. I'm so desperate to lose weight. Ever since I had my pituitary gland removed in '94 I've been struggling like crazy with my weight, do to hypothyroid. No amount of primal eating has changed that. I've got a cast iron stomach so I'm not really worried about it bothering me. I'll update this thread with my results.
                              you dont have a pituitary gland??? im confused, how are your testosterone levels???
                              Get on my Level
                              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Got my CLA on the mail today

90 pills / 5 a day = 18 days

I will report the results.

If it looks good after 14 days I will order more.
                                ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
                                ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

Working...
                                X