• Hidden MSG

With over 30% of Americans allergic to MSG (the slow killer),
    some people more allergic than others, how can
    the "hidden" MSG be replaced in supplements such as;
    shakes, powders, supplements, etc.?

Hidden MSG names:
    http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

I would one day appreciate being able to buy a product
    and it not have any MSG "hidden" in the ingredients.

Yep. It's so annoying when they put "MSG free" on the label, then you look and find "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" in the ingredients. :/ I get a very violent reaction from MSG, even more than from wheat and I have celiac disease.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
      Yep. It's so annoying when they put "MSG free" on the label, then you look and find "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" in the ingredients. :/ I get a very violent reaction from MSG, even more than from wheat and I have celiac disease.
      +1000!!! I hate that! I end up with a 3-4day migraine if I eat MSG - before going primal, when I would sit down and eat a WHOLE Bag of potato chips - the only way DH would get some is if he bought the kinds w/MSG - I won't touch it, and we don't feed the kids it either... 1day dcp fed dd some top ramen type noodles from the international food store - and she broke out in hives (she had them for 3 days!) - I asked dcp for the package it came in and I looked at the package and it said MSG - that was the only thing different in her diet... so no MSG for dd either! DCP now only feed the kids what I send, and now dd is at a pre-school so she's not endanger of getting those foods again...
      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
      SW 190lb
      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Whey protein was on that list...

Contains or produces MSG
        iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Comment

Working...
        X