Alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norak View Post
    Hm... Does that mean one could actually live off only alcohol, assuming you were drinking frequently enough and supplementing the required vitamins and minerals to avoid deficiencies (i.e. no need to eat)? Disregarding the obvious disadvantage of being constantly drunk, of course...

Say, for example, that you drank nothing but vodka and water for a month, you would not starve to death?
    Hmm, that sounds like a great plan! 2000 calories per day of vodka, unlimited water, and a daily multi. We'll also allow for unlimited black coffee and aspirin.

Let us know how it goes, you might have the answer to the 'next wave' of paleo! It is one solution to those annoying "liver issues" - just kill the damn thing off. - actually, destroying your liver might help one to lose weight, too - that's a big old organ.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I know that for me, eliminating alcohol is required to drop fat. Even drinking a couple of glasses twice a week is enough to halt any progress.

I'm giving my liver/metabolism 7 weeks alcohol free and so far I can already see a difference.
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Originally posted by norak View Post
        Hm... Does that mean one could actually live off only alcohol, assuming you were drinking frequently enough and supplementing the required vitamins and minerals to avoid deficiencies (i.e. no need to eat)? Disregarding the obvious disadvantage of being constantly drunk, of course...

Say, for example, that you drank nothing but vodka and water for a month, you would not starve to death?
        It will still take a bit more than a month to starve together.
        My guess is that vodka doesn't have any amino acids nor fat.
        Are there any alcoholic drinks with fat? Good heavy beers might provide some aminos but don't know how to get the fats from alcoholic drinks....

Comment

Originally posted by Minxxa View Post
          I know that for me, eliminating alcohol is required to drop fat. Even drinking a couple of glasses twice a week is enough to halt any progress.
          I'm giving my liver/metabolism 7 weeks alcohol free and so far I can already see a difference.
          I'm finding the same thing. I'm doing much better having traded in my occasional evening glass of wine for a kombucha. And, I think you're right. It is not so much about the extra carbs/calories in alcohol as it is about making your liver work overtime to process it out thereby taking the liver's time and effort away from metabolizing other food.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwabbit View Post
            It will still take a bit more than a month to starve together.
            My guess is that vodka doesn't have any amino acids nor fat.
            Are there any alcoholic drinks with fat? Good heavy beers might provide some aminos but don't know how to get the fats from alcoholic drinks....
            I made bacon vodka... it must have had some fat.
            The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
              I made bacon vodka... it must have had some fat.
              Recipe asap please
              My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Comment

Working...
              X