X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((HUGS))) You can do it! xoox Darlene

Comment

Hi Marci,

I'll second kb's recommendation that you check out NAET. As with kb, I don't want to push it on anyone, but I will attest personally that it works.

Comment

marci, your trainer is just flat out wrong. I can't claim any, um, training in these matters except by empirical observation, mostly on the internet, of course.

Read that TIME article. Read again why Mark, probably a far better athlete than your trainer found out he was killing himself with all that training. That's how he came up with the Primal exercise program. Grok probably never ran marathons, that's why the Greek guy that did the first one to deliver word about the battle was so notable.

Comment

Marci:

I hope my post encourages you to keep on going. Yes, I kept getting frustrated with my weight gain. There was a month in 2007 where I rode my bike 100 miles each week; I also checked my pulse to make sure I was in that zone so I could lose weight. Guess how many pounds I lost? zero, I gained a pound. Yes I was more muscular but I needed to lose weight.

Then in Jan of 2008 I fell into this web site and a review of Good Calories, Bad Calories, both changed my viewpoint.

I cut down on sugar, monitored everything that went into my mouth then a month later I stopped eating pasta and bread. I lost maybe 10 pounds then I started really concentrating on limiting the carbs and eating more veggies, fat and my proteins.

I had to buy a sweater and a pair of pants this week. I am a waist size 34, used to be a size 42, now I am a size med, I used to be a size x-large. I have lost 37 pounds I want to lose 12 more.

I spoke to my dad about my changes and told him about my tub of lard that I cook with.

Marci,keep trying, keep educating yourself then remember there were times with me that my body would not lose weight no matter how little carbs I took then bam I would go on to a major loss of weight of 3 to 4 pounds in a week.

Keep monitoring your food intake, you might be surprised where you might be going off kilter.

I believe aerobic exercise just makes you hungry, throw heavy stuff around. I still love to bike but now I bike to get rid of stress not to help me lose weight.

My two cents

Comment

wow Ohio Lopez! that is great motivation for all of us as well as Marci!

xoxo Darlene

Comment

Marci,

I'm suprised it wasn't mentioned yet. Don't overlook the benefits of fasting, if you are able to.

ps. first post btw!!

Comment

Sounds to me like you are eating way too much protein and way too little fat. I'd bet the total calorie is on the high side. You need a calorie deficit to lose but you also need a lot more fat in your diet. Excess protein can end up as body fat too you know.

Oh yes, I'll second the above post, intermittent fasting will help greatly. Two 24 hour fasts a week will work wonders.

Alan.

Comment

IF'ing is generally recommended for healthy people, not to say Marci isnt healthy. But for those with endocrine issues its probably not recommended, as the hormone response is not the same. Speaking from experience, I have similar issues to Marci and IF'd for a month, 24hr x 2 per week, nothing happened, in fact it probably made things worse.

Comment

I gained 10lbs IF'ing - I'd not eat during the day, but I'd eat a lot when I got home from walk. I got and shivery at work (a sure sign of metabolic slowdown) and of course, eating all my food around 8pm - 10pm wasn't helping.

This was published today - it's quite eye opening:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8234386.stm

Comment

Indiscreet I had a similar feeling of being cold during the IF, and I think it gets complicated with "women of a certain age", a lot of metabolic and therefore hormonal responses changing (even if youre not 'there' yet), so the body's response isnt going to be that of someone say either younger or male, in general. There is evidence that it works for some people, some of us not.

Comment

So glad to hear you're feeling better marci! Have a great weekend

You are what you eat,
                        and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Not eating late in the day has been a guideline for many years. Well, there's proof, I guess.

Anecdotally, I used to eat a fourth meal, basically, in the final hours. Of course, that had nothing to do with the fact I gained weight and gained weight over the years, did it?

Gotta admit I miss that psychological comfort zone these days. But (almost) every time I get on the scale I'm reminded that it's worth the pain.

(It looks like I'm now living in the upper 230 zone! Woo hoo! More weight lost than to go! i.e., 45 lost, 40 to go.)

Comment

ok guys- one last question...I know I can look this up on the site but I'd like your opinions~

what kind of fat should I be eating?

Comment

You can't do much better than grass-fed beef fat

...except for maybe blubber

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                              Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
                              Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Marci: Saturated if at all possible. Beef with marbling. Coconut oil. Bacon fat. Egg yolks (fried in butter, coconut oil, or bacon fat). These are the good fats.

AVOID canola, corn, and any other vegetable oil except for extra virgin olive oil. Don't use them - throw them out.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                                X