ARE they right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARE they right?

My high school said i couldnt wear my vibrams bec there not shoes...are they right? how can i argue this?
    I go to a private school in south GA. i wore my Vibram Five Finger shoes to school one day and i got in trouble. they told me that they were not shoes and that i should never wear them to school again or ill be suspeneded.
    Are they correct? and how can i argue this topic.
    im trying to argue this in a argumentive paper and i need a thesis...help!!!!!

To help get a better sense of the situation: Does your school have any sort of dresscode? How long have you been wearing the VFFs in general?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

You go to private school so I guess they do have a say in what you can wear. I would agree with them that VFFs aren't shoes. They're probably more concerned with the reaction of your class mates than anything else. They're probably also preventing others from copying you. I would just find suitable shoes that are low profile.

Maybe you can print them a short article on the benefits of barefooting and see if they'll let you rock them for gym at least? I think that's a battle you could win.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

If it's a private school, than you're probably out of luck. Ask them what their definition of "shoe" is....go from there.

dictionary.com says: an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle.

...pretty well describes VFFs.
        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

uh, all of the links in this very new poster's sig line are for sites that sell fake vibrams. Just sayin'.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Hmm, does nobody else think it strange that a new member starts 3 threads at once all about vibrams/barefoot running and just happens to have links to a website that sells vibrams in their signature. Perhaps I'm too cynical?

EDIT - sorry cillakat didn't see your post...

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
              uh, all of the links in this very new poster's sig line are for sites that sell fake vibrams. Just sayin'.
              doh! That's what I get for posting before coffee has hit the system....I caught it on some other posts this morning, but not this one.
              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

damn it. I put some thought in that reply too.
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

lol for the strange sig.

Comment

That they go on feet doesn't make them shoes because socks aren't shoes. What I would classify as shoes is anything that protects the feet to a sufficient degree. And vibrams do that on the bottom but perhaps they are concerned that someone might step on your feet and the vibrams will do little to protect an assault from the top.

Also why capitalize "are"? Why should that one by emphatic and the others not? Why do any of them need to be emphatic?
                    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Yeah, the OP has only three posts, all made today and all reference VFFs.

Me thinks he spam-eth the forum!
                      iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Comment

My high school said i couldnt wear my vibrams bec there not shoes...are they right? how can i argue this?
                        I go to a private school in south GA. i wore my Vibram Five Finger shoes to school one day and i got in trouble. they told me that they were not shoes and that i should never wear them to school again or ill be suspeneded.
                        Are they correct? and how can i argue this topic.
                        im trying to argue this in a argumentive paper and i need a thesis...help!!!!!
                        Sounds believable enough (especially with all the misspellings) until one reads an earlier post:

I get tons of pain in my legs, such as shin splints, ankles, flat feet, low arches. But when I run in sneakers(five finger shoes) on roads. I am very in shape and have played sports all of my life but started to get these pains towards the end of high school and throughout college soccer. It is very hard to get into a workout routine when in so much pain.
                        I have heard people say that running barefoot or in shoes like vibram five fingers work wonders after a couple months of doing it?
                        Spammers suck.
                        312/149/150

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                          That they go on feet doesn't make them shoes because socks aren't shoes. What I would classify as shoes is anything that protects the feet to a sufficient degree. And vibrams do that on the bottom but perhaps they are concerned that someone might step on your feet and the vibrams will do little to protect an assault from the top.

Also why capitalize "are"? Why should that one by emphatic and the others not? Why do any of them need to be emphatic?
                          I would argue with you here, that what defines a shoe is a protective sole. Socks do not have a protective sole, vibrams do. I have seen many things that are definately shoes that would not protect your foot any more than vibrams if a rock fell on it.

Comment

I got in trouble at school today because during my free period I stalked the halls in a loincloth and hunted a fat sophomore with a spear.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Man.. this forum gets some weird ass spam! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X