get me through a plateau HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get me through a plateau HELP

I have been primal about 4 months and was doing well losing the wieght 22lbs so far but i have stay the same for the last 3 weeks get me through a plateau i have stuck to the diet , and exersice daily mountain /road cycling ,walking , simplefit etc
    get me through a plateau

Your body is actually losing fat, but the fat is being replaced by more water. There will come a day when all at once the cells release the water, and you will suddenly drop in weight 4 or more lbs. You can speed this process up by Intermittent Fasting.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

Best to you,
    Grizz

Comment

Thanks for the link Grizz!
      ~Blog~

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I've been struggling with plateaus for a month now. I lost almost 40 lbs very quickly, but now the weight is SLOW to come off. Maybe a lb a week... if that. So hard.
        Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Comment

Tynna,

Please don't knock a pound a week weight loss. IMO, THAT is a very healthy and sustainable rate of loss. Over a year, that is a whopping 52 lbs.

Best to you,
          Grizz

Comment

Grizz...I'm trying (truly) to look at it that way, but I got so used to loosing a lb every 2 days there for awhile, I got spoiled. :-) I have tried to make my end goal be 1 lb per week (loosing another 70-80 lbs by NEXT X-mas).

But thanks for the reminder ...
            Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Comment

Thanks for the link, i will give the fasting a go not try it yet ? its after loosing a bit of weight i worry that it has stopped and at 15st 12 i know there is a long way to go yet ??
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                Thanks for the link, i will give the fasting a go not try it yet ? its after loosing a bit of weight i worry that it has stopped and at 15st 12 i know there is a long way to go yet ??
                thanks
                Weight loss is not a steady process. Your body is resting up, getting used to being smaller, and getting ready to let go of more fat - but you can't force it to move any faster than it would naturally. Think of the PB as a way to acheive optimum health, not a weight-loss program, and you'll do better because the weight will stop mattering so much. It should be more important to see your clothes fitting better (and eventually falling off), to feel better and have more energy, to be able to do things you never thought you'd do (like climb stairs, or dance, or run) than to see one more pound drop off.

Throw away the scale - it's not serving you. If you absolutely can't avoid it, then use your measuring tape to track your progress.
                Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

I have been on a plateau for a couple of months and started losing again by going with:
                    - no dairy
                    - no egg
                    - no alcohol
                    - no Dreamfields
                    I cant say its easy as I was comfortably et with lots of good recipes....I plan to do this for a month along with no nightshades then reintroduce one at a time.

Comment

no egg?? crikey isn't that the pillarstone of Primal?

what made you think the egg was causing you problems?

x
                      Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                      **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Originally posted by queen_sheba View Post
                        no egg?? crikey isn't that the pillarstone of Primal?

what made you think the egg was causing you problems?

x
                        Yes, eggs are primal. I just finished Robb Wolf's book and he recommends dropping it for a month if there are inflammatory issues. Believe me, it is a bear having no eggs; worse than no dairy. It is the first thing I will reintroduce to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                          Yes, eggs are primal. I just finished Robb Wolf's book and he recommends dropping it for a month if there are inflammatory issues. Believe me, it is a bear having no eggs; worse than no dairy. It is the first thing I will reintroduce to see if it makes a difference.
                          Oooh, that makes me sad. I was tested and am building an intolerance to eggs, so have to drop them for a month, then add them back in. I also am intolerant of casein (which I already knew) so no dairy. Oh, and almonds. Ugh! It's going to be a long month!

Comment

Help after staying the same weight for 3 weeks , i have now put on 3lbs what going wrong all was going so well ?
                            am eggs ,bacon ,mushrooms ,olive oil
                            apple
                            lunch fish/meat salad
                            few nuts
                            tea ,meat ,veg
                            treats now and then 85% choc, fruit & cream
                            whats am i doing wrong please help

Comment

Stig you're constantly eating. Keep your meals but let your snacks rest for a bit. It's very possible that you're over-eating in the long run, even eating primal, you can overdo the good stuff and not lose weight. Get rid of the nuts first, very calorie dense for their size.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X