- Mark's Daily Apple - http://www.marksdailyapple.com -
The Weekly Health Challenge
Posted By Mark Sisson On April 30, 2007 @ 1:47 pm In Health | No Comments
This week’s healthy challenge:
Eat lightly at all your evening meals this week.
Going to bed without feeling like a bumbling beluga has many wonderful health benefits, both immediate and long-term. Before you tackle yet another shoe-size burrito (what is it with those titanic burritos?), think about the health benefits of keeping your evenings on the lighter side:
– deeper, more restful sleep
– waking up hungry – and more ready for the day (a sign of a properly operating metabolism!)
– proper production of hormones for sleep and health, including human growth hormone and melatonin
– it’s better for the environment, because you’re using less
– it’s better for you, because you’re not taxing your heart while you sleep
– over the course of several weeks, you’ll likely lose a coupla pounds
– eating lighter just makes you feel lighter!
Good evening meals I like include salads and steamed vegetable mixes. These fiber knock-outs are usually no more than 300 or so calories.
Article printed from Mark's Daily Apple: http://www.marksdailyapple.com
URL to article: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/eat-light/
URLs in this post:
 Start Here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_start_here
 Primal Blueprint 101: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_pb_101
 free weekly newsletter: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/subscribe-to-blog/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_newsletter
 books: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Books-and-Media/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_books
 support options: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Services/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_services
 supplements: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Supplements/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_supplements
 This is Chatirygirl’s Flickr Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chatiryworld/478628802/?#comment72157600160740898
Copyright © 2009 Mark's Daily Apple. All rights reserved.