This week’s healthy challenge:
Eat lightly at all your evening meals this week.
Going to bed without feeling like a bumbling beluga has many wonderful health benefits, both immediate and long-term. Before you tackle yet another shoe-size burrito (what is it with those titanic burritos?), think about the health benefits of keeping your evenings on the lighter side:
- deeper, more restful sleep
- waking up hungry – and more ready for the day (a sign of a properly operating metabolism!)
- proper production of hormones for sleep and health, including human growth hormone and melatonin
- it’s better for the environment, because you’re using less
- it’s better for you, because you’re not taxing your heart while you sleep
- over the course of several weeks, you’ll likely lose a coupla pounds
- eating lighter just makes you feel lighter!
Good evening meals I like include salads and steamed vegetable mixes. These fiber knock-outs are usually no more than 300 or so calories.