I’m skipping this week’s “Dear Mark” post en lieu of a “Dear Readers” post. That’s right. Enough from me. I want to hear from you. You see, I’m working on giving MDA a well-deserved design update and would love some feedback. I have a long wish list that just keeps getting longer, but I want to know what you want out of Mark’s Daily Apple – both in terms of content and blog features. I’ll throw out some ideas and questions to get the ball rolling. Hit me up with a comment with your suggestions.
What kind of content would you like to see more of on MDA? Here are some of the major categories to give you some ideas, but feel free to offer up your own ideas.
- More “Dear Mark” and Reader Response posts
- Tuesday 10 (Top 10 Lists)
- Fitness Posts – Specific Workout Ideas/Routines
- Definitive Guide Posts – Lengthy/Detailed Nutrition Articles
- Recipes – How-to and Tips on How to Prepare Food
- Coverage of the Latest Health News/Research
- Weekend Link Love
- Guest Posts
- Book or Product Reviews
- Health Challenges
- Posts on broad topics: low-carb living, Big Pharma, stress, sleep, supplementation, weight loss, aging/longevity, marketing, etc.
- Apart from content (which to us is most important) what else could MDA offer you to make the experience fulfilling and enlightening?
- Would you be interested in Primal e-books?
- Would you like to connect with me Twitter ?
- How about weekly reader polls?
- Does the ability to easily submit MDA articles to social networking sites (stumbleupon, digg, reddit etc) appeal to you?
- How about the ability to easily print a blog post?
- Would you be into reader avatars to personalize comments?
- Would you be interested in the ability to subscribe to all of our posts via email instead of just via an RSS feed?
I want this redesign process to be as democratic as possible, and want to reward all loyal MDA readers with what they want. This is your chance to be heard and have your wish list for MDA turn into a reality. I am eagerly awaiting what you have to say. Thanks, everyone!
P.S. It doesn’t have to just be about what you do want. If there is something that has always driven you crazy about the site (the way our search results are displayed has always bugged me), or some regular column we do that just doesn’t strike a chord with you please let me know. Thanks again!
Update: Keep all the suggestions coming! They are wonderful and will be extremely helpful as I redesign MDA to make it the best health/fitness blog on the net.
If you want to comment, but are worried your suggestions will get lost in the shuffle (as of writing this there are 38 comments), think again! I will be going over each and every comment with a fine-tooth comb.