2008 was a fantastic year for Mark’s Daily Apple. I had the pleasure of connecting with so many wonderful people. The whole blogging experience – interacting with readers, covering fascinating new studies, the research that goes into a blog post, sharing a bit of my personal life – has been a truly inspiring and an edifying experience. I hope my readers can say the same about their time spent on MDA.
2009 is looking to be even better. Mark’s Daily Apple is getting a complete overhaul. Earlier this year I asked you what you wanted out of MDA. You responded and I’ve been working since then on providing it. In just a few months expect a whole new look and feel, and new features (free e-books, regular video posts, more “Definitive Guide” posts, a Primal Blueprint forum, a Primal Fitness column with specific workout suggestions and more) from MDA.
Also, as many of you probably know, my book, The Primal Blueprint, is being published early this next year. Again, the dialogue I’ve had with my readers over the last couple years has helped me refine the Primal Blueprint. And because of this I am now just months away from rolling out the book.
But before we get on with all the new and exciting developments I want to take a quick look back at some of the best posts of 2008. Below are some of my faves. It was incredibly difficult to boil down somewhere around 500 blog posts to a short list of the best. I meant to keep it to 10, but it got a little out of control. These are the posts that generated the most interest and that, if you haven’t already read them, you should give a gander. I’d love to hear which blog posts stuck out to you this year. Hit me up in the comment boards!
A Look Back at 2008
All “Definitive Guide” Posts: The Definitive Guide posts always got a great discussion started and I really enjoyed putting a little extra effort into each of them so that they could be a source of repeated reference on some hot topics relating to the Primal Blueprint. I’ve included them all here (including a couple – the bottom two – from 2007).
- The Definitive Guide to Primal Supplementation
- The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan
- The Definitive Guide to Grains
- The Definitive Guide to the Primal Blueprint
- The Definitive Guide to Fats
- The Definitive Guide to Cholesterol
- The Definitive Guide to Stress, Cortisol and the Adrenals
- The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar and Type II Diabetes
More Top Posts:
Dear Mark: Chronic Cardio – Feb. 4
My Knee is Killing Me… No Really. – Mar. 3
The Art of Compromise – Apr. 23
10 Ways to “Get Primal” – Apr. 29
Drink Less Water? – June 9
10 Ways to Forage in the Modern World - June 10
The Context of Calories – July 9
The Prison Workout – July 23
Should We Allow Drugs in Sports? – July 29
Getting Back to Nature – August 28
Top 10 Ways to “Go Nuts” – Oct. 7
10 Steps to “Primalize” Your Pantry – Nov. 11
Cowpooling: Share a Side – Dec. 4
The Primal Blueprint Sneak Preview – Dec. 18
If you are looking for a more thorough “Best of 2008″ list click here.
Odds and Ends:
– A big part of MDA in 2008 was providing readers with Primal recipes, so I’d be remiss if I didn’t include at least a few recipe links:
– Talk about great feedback from readers. This year’s 30-Day Primal Health Challenge was a huge success. This series of posts may be of particular interest to anyone starting the New Year with some health resolutions.
– Last, but not least I was honored to have some fantastic guest posts this year from the top health and fitness bloggers on the net:
Thanks to the MDA community for making 2008 such a great year. Stay tuned for an even better year in 2009!