Let me introduce myself. My name is Mark Sisson. I’m 63 years young. I live and work in Malibu, California. In a past life I was a professional marathoner and triathlete. Now my life goal is to help 100 million people get healthy. I started this blog in 2006 to empower people to take full responsibility for their own health and enjoyment of life by investigating, discussing, and critically rethinking everything we’ve assumed to be true about health and wellness...Tell Me More
Here are ten delicious, natural, smart carbohydrates we enjoy at the Sisson household. For comparison, I’ve included unhealthy but popular items that I think these smarter choices can replace. The flavor and texture components aren’t a perfect match by any stretch, but I think there’s enough similarity that you’ll find it painless to switch to the healthier selections.
10. Baked, buttered, and salted acorn squash instead of french fries
9. Butternut squash instead of spaghetti
8. Sweet potatoes instead of potatoes (amazingly, a much lower impact on blood sugar)
7. Grilled eggplant instead of breaded chicken
6. Portabello mushrooms with soy sauce instead of hamburgers
5. Raw heart of palm instead of fried mozzarella sticks
4. Tempeh with chili sauce instead of white rice with jug “teriyaki sauce”
3. Green peas with shredded parmesan and olive oil instead of macaroni ‘n cheese
2. Artichoke hearts baked with a bit of cheddar instead of fried chicken nuggets
1. Caprese salad instead of pizza
What are your favorite healthy alternatives to refined carbohydrates?
This post was brought to you by the Damage Control Master Formula, independently proven as the most comprehensive high-potency antioxidant multivitamin available anywhere. With the highest antioxidant per dollar value and a complete anti-aging, stress, and cognition profile, the Master Formula is truly the only multivitamin supplement you will ever need. Toss out the drawers full of dozens of different supplements with questionable potency and efficacy and experience the proven Damage Control difference!
[tags] low-carb, healthy carbs, healthy recipes [/tags]