Please take a few moments to read the following important message.
You may have noticed that Mark’s Daily Apple and PrimalBlueprint.com have been under construction the past couple days. This is the result of both websites having been victims of a cyber attack. Since the attack, my technical support staff has isolated and eliminated all known security risks.
It appears that an individual gained unauthorized and illegal access to our website server, injecting malware on both sites, which potentially could have infected your computer. If at any time you clicked on a “Missing Plugin” link or downloaded a “Java Plugin” while visiting either site it is possible your computer was infected. The malware seems to particularly target PC computers instead of Macs.
Numerous actions have been taken to prevent unauthorized access to our server and to protect your browsing experience. As added security precautions, my team highly suggests the following:
- Windows users should run antivirus software. If you are not running antivirus software or are unsure, visit ESET for a free online virus scan.
- It does not appear that forum accounts were compromised in any way, but for those that have a Mark’s Daily Apple forum account, it would be a good idea to change your forum password anyway.
- Also for those that have a Mark’s Daily Apple forum account, you should change your password on any other website where you use the same or a similar password.
- Always keep your computer updated by using Windows Update on your PC, or Software Update on you Mac.
- Always use an updated web browser and Java plugin. To verify the Java plugin version, visit java.com and click the link for, “Do I have Java?” right under the red button.
If you are a customer of PrimalBlueprint.com you have been sent an email with additional information. If you haven’t received this email and you do hold a website account at PrimalBlueprint.com please check your spam/junk folder. If you still don’t see the email, please email us at email@example.com and we will forward you the message.
(UPDATE: Email messages sent to customers of PrimalBlueprint.com are still going out. They are being sent in batches, so if you haven’t received one yet and expect to, hold tight. If you don’t receive one by the end of the day (02/13) please email us. Thank you.)
Also, for your protection, please note that my team and I will never ask you for personal and/or account information through email correspondence. If you receive an email or phone call asking for your personal information or directing you to a website to enter your personal information, please exercise caution.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please know that we have and will continue to follow industry standard best practices to ensure that your information is safe with us, and that we take this matter very seriously.
As you probably know, no website, large or small, is completely immune to the threat of a cyber attack. With that said, we are as confident as we can be that this recent threat has been eliminated, and that our websites are now safe and secure. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.