There are only 10 days left to enter to win a free jar of Primal Kitchen™ Mayo! You can enter as many times as you like until the sweepstakes comes to a close. Learn more about Primal mayo and enter at the bottom of this blog post.
Research of the Week
In a middle-aged Japanese population, coffee intake was protective against colon cancer. Green tea had no relationship to colon cancer risk.
If there’s any white crystalline substance that directly causes hypertension, sugar’s the more likely culprit than salt (PDF).
It’s not all about butyrate. Supplementing with propionate, another short chain fatty acid produced by the fermentation of fiber in the gut, lowered belly and liver fat in humans.
iPads are really bad for sleep.
In adults at risk of type 2 diabetes, a lower-carb, higher-fat diet reduces abdominal and intramuscular fat and increases insulin sensitivity.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- The Definitive Guide to Low-Level Aerobic Activity
- 10 Ways to Stay Healthy During Holiday Travel
- Why Grains Are Unhealthy
- The Definitive Guide to Conventional Wisdom
- The Definitive Guide to Play
Interesting Blog Posts
Dr. Ron explores how the lifestyle factors that increase heart disease risk probably also increase cancer risk.
Actually, (properly grazed) cows are good for the environment.
It turns out that the dire warnings against parent/infant co-sleeping have been exaggerated — and they probably put more babies at risk.
Dr. Ron Sinha sat down with That Paleo Show to talk about a culturally-tailored approach to living Primal.
In Argentina, an organgutan was just granted “non-human personhood.”
How Americans die (in beautiful graph form).
What 2,000 calories looks like in chain restaurant fare.
Sparks literally fly when an egg meets sperm. Zinc sparks.
What happens when an office eliminates sitting altogether by removing all the chairs?
There are limitations to blinded studies.
- This beef and vegetable soup is simple, but hearty and nourishing.
- Try making these cinnamon spice pancakes for your relatives tomorrow morning and see if they notice a difference.
One year ago (Dec 28 – Jan 3)
- 11 Questions to Ask Yourself at the Start of a New Year – How to figure out your plan of attack for the coming year.
- What is Your New Year Vision? – Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? What do you want to do?
Comment of the Week
I think he was just WAXING poetic.
– Indeed I was.