Sara here. There are days when the news is slow. There are days when the news is groundbreaking. And then there are days when the news is just so odd, you have to check it out.
The daily health bites are coming shortly, but in the meantime, you’ll want to click this stuff out. The human brain is an interesting thing, to be sure. We can certainly think of a few people out there whose brains could benefit from more Omega-3′s. Not that we would name any names…
Zombies Are Real. Sort of.
(Shameless Shill Alert: For an easy way to boost your brain health fast, check out Vital Omegas.)
The Top 10 Tips for: fighting the free radicals that destroy the body
10. Take the world’s most potent antioxidant supplement.
9. Avoid exposure to cigarette smoke (and stop smoking!).
8. Don’t eat deep-fried anything. Fried is not your friend.
7. Drink alcohol in moderation.
6. Meditate, journal or pray for a few minutes every day. This helps your body regulate its stress hormones better, which keeps everything running smoothly, including your immune system and the body’s inflammatory response.
5. Exercise several times a week. This stimulates feel-good hormones, the immune system, and the metabolism. Exercise also helps reduce hormonal stress, inflammation, stress to your liver, and yes…oxidation.
4. Eat clean: Try to eat organic meat and dairy products. Wash produce thoroughly.
3. Consume good fats with reckless abandon. (Things like grass-fed meat, wild fish, DHA-enhanced eggs, nuts, avocados, Smart Butter, and olive oil.)
2. Eat foods containing antioxidants every day: vegetables, fruits, berries, nuts…yum!
1. And the number one way to reduce inflammation and oxidation (and thereby prevent or reduce most health problems and diseases)? Lay off the sugar! Just say no to processed, refined, empty calories from things like soda, white bread, white pasta, sugary cereals, pastries and other starchy snacks. Yes, these foods are pretty…pretty evil.
This post was brought to you by the Damage Control Master Formula, independently proven as the most comprehensive high-potency antioxidant multivitamin available anywhere. With the highest antioxidant per dollar value and a complete anti-aging, stress, and cognition profile, the Master Formula is truly the only multivitamin supplement you will ever need. Toss out the drawers full of dozens of different supplements with questionable potency and efficacy and experience the proven Damage Control difference!
The Fuming Fuji is outraged at the marketing of toxic food, especially when it’s aimed at the small fry. This week, the Fuming Fuji has decided to have a serious problem with Gogurt.
But, Fuming Fuji, you ask, isn’t calcium on-the-go better than a popsicle?
The Fuming Fuji says no!
The claim: Apparently, kids can’t get enough of the cool wonderfulness of flavors like “Cool Cotton Candy”. Yoplait says – and the Fuji quotes – “wholesome goodness.”
The catch: Gogurt is like crack for youngsters, only sweeter.
The comeback: Oh, come on, it’s better than a popsicle.
The conclusion: The Fuming Fuji tried to ignore your popsicle comparison the first time you asked it. Just because yogurt is not quite as bad as a popsicle does not make it healthy. Gogurt is a sugar-laden, chemical-filled joke!
The catchphrase: Gogurt – just like yogurt, only really terrible.
Disclaimer: Mark Sisson and the Worker Bees do not necessarily endorse the views of the Fuming Fuji.
Worker Bees’ Daily Bites
Howdy, pals! Here’s the latest from the world of health:
We have no comment, but if you’re interested in the stem-cell debate, here’s today’s best summary of the flare-up. Here’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s take.
In fact, wait…yes, it is definitely time for a Sherlock Award! Congratulations, Journal of Pediatrics!
We’re sort of hesitant to come right out against the flu shot. There are definitely folks who can benefit from the flu shot (e.g. tiny tots and seniors). And now that it doesn’t contain brain-bashing mercury, maybe it’s not so bad.
Still, we think it’s generally a good idea to find safer, more natural ways to boost your immunity during flu season that won’t make you sick (while a flu shot doesn’t give you the flu, it will give you a little bout of the sniffles for a few days). Really nutritious foods like veggies and good fats, plus a powerful antioxidant multi, can do a lot to ward off the flu. Also, exercise and quality sleep are key immune boosters.
Our only other beef with the flu shot is that it doesn’t always fight the right flu. If you’re traveling or in an area with multiple strains, you basically got a little cold for nothing, cuz you’re gettin’ the flu.
To be fair, here’s our favorite blogging doctor’s pro-flu-shot stance. Since tens of thousands of people still die from the flu (and not bird flu, people), he/she could be right, after all…discuss, Apples!
Just one more story on the increasing trend to boost brain health as you age. It’s important! We recommend eating fish like wild salmon to boost your brain health, since we can’t (hey, we’re bees).
What’s going on in your state? What do you do about health care? Do you think federal dollars should go towards helping people make better nutrition or exercise choices in addition to regular health care (or instead of)?
There will be a lot of debate about this issue in 2007. What’s your take, Apples? For starters, we’d like to see more real, accurate, up-to-date nutrition information. We’d also like for Uncle Sam to stop being a big pansy and stand up to food manufacturers and their sniveling little lobbyists. We’re also not fans of Labelman (snicker). What kind of inflamed, flabby, uninspiring nutrition superhero is this? This is the best our tax dollars can afford?
© 2013 Mark's Daily Apple | Design By The Blog Studio